Monday, December 6, 2010

Well, they're not pretty...

...but they're lunch.

I have stomach issues. I have Crohn's Disease, and have been having terrible stomach pain for the past 3+ weeks. I ended up having to miss a day of work last week to go in to the doctor and they think I have an ulcer. I go back in on Thursday to have an endoscopy done just to confirm, so for now I am on an ulcer-friendly diet. Here's what I've been eating...


Today's lunch:
a turkey hot dog with low sodium ketchup, fruit leather, garlic cheese bread, shortbread cookies and mozzarella/Colby-jack cheese cubes.

This one went ok... didn't feel great afterword, but lately I don't ever feel good after eating, so I will consider it a success!


And here's what I packed for tomorrow:
Linguine noodles with mild white sauce, fruit leather, the last of my garlic cheese bread, club crackers with cheese spread and shortbread cookies.

3 comments:

  1. The Bento boxes are so cute! I carry my lunch in a plastic shopping bag stuffed into my bookbag. This looks so much better.

    I don't know much about Crohn's disease, but I recently read a book that connected it to a lot of other food illnesses. I have Candida (a fungus growing in my body--like yeast infections). And the only thing that helps me is a VERY restrictive diet. No gluten, sugar, nuts, legumes, grains... I can only eat certain vegetables and meat. I would never usually be on this diet, but it works! The minute I eat something 'bad' my body lets me know it! If you're wondering what the book is it's The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf. You can also google Candida, low-carb diets, or the Paleo diet. I don't know if this will help you, but I figured I'd say something anyway. Hope you start feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My lunches are very simple and basic compared to lots of the lunches I see in blogs, but they work for me!

    Wow, your diet sounds hard! I cannot eat most raw fruits/veggies, very limited dairy, no red meat, nothing too acidic/spicy/fried... so I definitely know what it's like to be on a restrictive diet. Not quite like yours, but we all have our challenges. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating! Have you considered going gluten free? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete