Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wednesday's Lunch

Tomorrow should be quite the day for my students. I teach at a parochial school, so we start every Wednesday morning with mass. This Thursday is the big Christmas concert/play that involves the entire school (K-8) so tomorrow morning after mass, we have rehearsal, which takes about 2 hours, then tomorrow afternoon we have a dress rehearsal. All in all, doesn't allow a whole lot of teaching time tomorrow... Oh well, gotta have days like that every now and then, right?!?

Here's tomorrow's lunch to get me through the craziness, packed in my favorite purple Goodbyn:
L to R: homemade Chex Mix; Dare maple cream cookie; 2 star shaped sandwiches, one has PB&J, the other has sharp cheddar and turkey; FF Pringles; 1 Hershey's Nugget; skim milk; apple juice; strawberry Fruitabu; sugar-free pudding with pre-biotic fiber.

Looks like a lot of food, but I spend 7am-6pm at school every day due to the fact that I also run the before and after school care program, so I eat my biggest meal at school to get me through the long days. When I get home at night, I am tuckered out, so I usually eat a simple supper, pack a good lunch for the next day, and veg out on the couch.



+++++++++++++++++++++

I read my students Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas today. I love Dr. Suess read alouds, and Mr. Grinch is one of my fav's. Thought I'd end this post with my favorite quote from the book:

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

No comments:

Post a Comment