Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Breakfast Bento

I have to have some testing done tomorrow, so no work for me. I need a driver to take me home from the hospital, so my mom agreed to accompany me. I bribed her with a breakfast bento. She gets a kick out of the lunches I pack (and requests a photo each night) so she loves it when I make bentos for her. Here is tomorrow's breakfast bento:

It's packed in a disposable Rubbermaid Take-Along container just in case. We have cinna-sushi, 2 mini banana-walnut-dark chocolate chip muffins (homemade, but out of the freezer), raisins, apple straws and a fruit and nut granola bar for some protein. I also packed her a little container of natural applesauce but that's not pictured.


I know its not as much as I would pack for a lunch, but I am going to do a cost calculation anyways. My school does not offer breakfast, but the public school district where I live does. An adult breakfast costs $2.00 and tomorrow's menu is: Cereal, graham cracker, juice, milk. (Seriously... $2.00 for that... yikes.) My breakfast is healthier and much more filling (in my opinion.)

Cinna-sushi: $0.17 (same as what I made yesterday)
2 Muffins: $0.13 (they are 'homemade'... aka from a 'just add water' mix)
7 apple straws: $0.15
Raisins: $0.12
Granola Bar: $0.42
Applesauce: $0.20
8oz skim milk to drink: $0.18

That's $1.37 for a fun little breakfast bribe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment