Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Eat Along Challenge - Brunch(ish) for Lunch

Mrs Q. over at Fed Up with Lunch started an Eat Along Challenge, asking fellow lunch makers to share with fellow bloggers what they are making for lunch, as well as cost calculations. I did this in one of my previous posts and I am excited to see what tomorrow's lunch shakes out to be. Here is my brunch(ish) for lunch tomorrow:


In the large section of my EasyLunchbox, I have a few apple straws, some cinnamon bread sushi, a fruit leather to act as a barrier, and mini frozen pancakes that will thaw by lunch tomorrow. In the smaller sections I have veggie 'chicken' nuggets and shortbread cookies.

I made the cinnamon bread to look like mini cinnamon rolls... I tasted one tonight and they're not exactly cinnamon roll good, but they'll do. In looking at my lunch for tomorrow it occurs to me that I haven't eaten any meat in a few days. My stomach is still recovering so I am sticking with my ulcer-approved diet of lots of carbs.

Here's my cost calculations:
-7 apple straws (yes, I counted): $0.15
-2 pieces of white-wheat bread: $0.10
-Country Crock/Cinnamon Sugar combo for bread: $0.07
-Fruit Leather: $0.36
-6 pancakes: $0.28
-5 veggie 'chicken' nuggets: $0.66
-3 shortbread cookies: $0.25
-8oz skim milk to drink: $0.18

and the grand total is... $2.05!

This lunch came in a little higher than the last one I posted, but it is still well under the $3.00 mark, which is the cost for an adult hot lunch at my school as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment