Sunday, November 21, 2010

Finally Something to Blog About!

I have eaten lunch in the past week and a half... I swear, I have. My lunches have been less than stellar, so I didn't feel they were blog-worthy. I've been battling a cold/flu bug for at least a week now, and to top it off, it was conferences week last week. Not feeling great + working 14 hour days 3 days last week = not so spectacular lunches. Oh well, I am back with a delicious looking, if not hodge-podged lunch for tomorrow:

In the main compartment: 2 heart shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cat shaped fruit leather, because I do love my kitties (one of whom is sleeping on my feet as I type), low fat mozzarella cheese pieces, 2 sections of raisins, and honey roasted peanuts. You can also see I tucked in the fruit leather scraps on the side... I had a big lunch today and didn't feel like eating them tonight, so I saved 'em for tomorrow. In the medium sized compartment, I have a few veggie straws for their crunch factor and 2 bite sized sugar cookies I baked today. I used my small bento cutters to make little tiny cookies, which turned out adorable... but I didn't have the patience for fancy decorations... so I made up a batch of my Grandma's almond frosting recipe, added a few fall sprinkles and called it good. They taste delicious. In the small compartment I have natural applesauce with star shaped sprinkles. The sprinkles usually dissolve into gooey nothingness by the time I eat lunch, but they add some fun color for the picture taking if nothing else :)

No comments:

Post a Comment