Sunday, November 7, 2010

3 more bentos!

I don't know why the photo quality is so bad on 2 of these... I am using the same camera as always!

Here is my lunch from last Wednesday:
PB&J faux sushi rolls, cereal bar, fruit leather pieces, peanuts, homemade croutons, cheese leaves (decorated with food safe markers), crackers, apple straws, brownie bites (half of a 100 calorie pack... just enough chocolate to cure my craving, but makes the 100 cal packs last longer!)

I learned a lesson with this bento. It all started with the fact that I was running late that morning, and left my lunch in my bag rather than putting it in the refridgerator in the teachers lounge like I always do. This resulted in nasty, hard little cheese leaves... the moisture left the cheese and created soggy crackers, apple straws and croutons and a sticky little lump of peanuts. I ended up still hungry after lunch because I ended up throwing away most of the food in that compartment. Oh well, lessons learned!!


This was last Thursday's lunch:
Dino shaped PB&H sandwiches, cereal bar, fruit leather, homemade croutons, mozzarella cheese, veggie straws, pecans and the rest of the brownie bites from the day before.

A few of my co-workers have been noticing my new take on lunch packing, and one teacher commented that I need some kids to pack lunch for... won't that be fun when that day comes!

Friday = no bento, I needed to eat up some leftovers before they went bad. So I had a basic, boring lunch.

Here is lunch for tomorrow:

1/2 of a veggie burger left over from lunch with my mom today, peanuts, raisins, fruit leather, cheese/cracker sandwiches, string cheese, applesauce with dino sprinkles and white mix. What is white mix you ask? My mom makes it, it's really simple and so delicious. You just take store bought plain popcorn, puff corn and Fritos. Mix them together, then drizzle with 2 bags of melted white chocolate chips mixed with a little veggie oil. You spread it out on cookie sheets and refrigerate it so it can set up, then store in an air tight container. It makes a HUGE batch, so make sure you have someone to share it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment