Sunday, March 6, 2011

Back at it

I have been eating lunch, I swear. Blogging just isn't a high priority this time of year. Things at school are crazy busy and when I get home at night I either a) don't take the time to pack a pretty lunch for the next day or b) don't take the time to blog about it. I do have 4 lunches to share with you though!

This was from sometime before Valentine's day... don't know when exactly. Potato and cheddar perogies, packed in tin foil so that I could heat them in the toaster oven at school. There's also some Wheat Thins sticks, cheddar cheese spread, a chocolate cookie and some Valentine's gummies.

Here we have some blueberry pancakes, crackers, a fruit roll (Fruit Roll-Ups Simply Fruit), string cheese, a Hershey's chocolate, pineapple juice and a juice box.

Eew, this picture is super blurry, sorry about that. This lunch is a whole lot like the last one, except there's more there... I was still hungry after the last lunch. 2 blueberry pancakes, bacon, fruit leather, 2 two-bite brownies, pineapple juice and a juice box. I guess there's not all that much more, but I don't remember being hungry after this one.



And now, for tomorrow:
I decided to show all 3 meals I pack each day for school: breakfast, lunch and an after school snack. I'm at school from 6:45am-6:00pm every day, so if I don't pack a breakfast the night before, I end up skipping it, or eating something terribly unhealthy. I have also found that if I don't pack a snack for after school, I get home at 6 and I'm famished, so I eat everything in sight. This way I'm hungry but not starving, so I have the patience to actually cook something for dinner, rather than eating my weight in crackers or something like that.

Breakfast: Banana, granola bar, cherry pomegranate V8 Splash

Lunch: Natural applesauce, ham and sharp cheddar in a Flat-Out Light Italian wrap (yum!), some homemade garlic croutons, cherry fruit leather, 2 sugar cookies, stuffing (just need to add hot water from the water cooler at school... works out great!) and a juice. Plus I'll be drinking water at lunch, just like to bring a little juice box to add an extra serving of fruit to my lunch.

After school snack: Wheat Thins, cheddar cheese spread, natural applesauce. Not pictured: the daily Diet Coke I reward myself with for making it through the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment