Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Look Familiar?

(please forgive the horrible photo quality... it's 9pm and there is no natural light and my kitchen lighting stinks.)

Here's tomorrow's lunch:
Look familiar? Very similar to yesterday...
Ayleen's wrap with chicken and sharp cheddar cheese, sharp cheddar cheese stick, pepper jack tortilla chips (no need for salsa, they are just spicy enough), homemade puppy chow, banana, juice.

The slight difference is my lunch is the contents of my wrap... I made some delicious crock pot chicken that is very versatile... use it in wraps, pasta, make chicken salad... it's great to have some in the fridge when needed! Here is my first attempt at sharing a recipe!


Delicious Crock Pot Chicken
2lbs boneless/skinless chicken breast (fresh or frozen) I used herb/garlic seasoned chicken breast from my grocery store's meat department
2/3 C. Lawry's Herb and Garlic Marinade
2/3 C. Zesty Italian Dressing
2 C. Chicken Broth

The night before, combine the chicken, H&G marinade and Italian dressing in your crock pot and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, add your 2 C. chicken broth (I used bullion cubes and hot water because I am an idiot and forgot to buy broth). Cook on low all day, or at least 4 hours on high.

That's it! You will know it's done when you can shred it easily with a fork. So good and so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment